FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
December 20, 2018
Accent on Design at NY NOW®
NY NOW is pleased to welcome Marimekko to the winter 2019 market
White Plains, NY. – December 20, 2018 — NY NOW® is pleased to welcome Marimekko, a stylish Finnish design company, to the NY NOW® winter 2019 market, taking place February 3-6, 2019 in New York City. Marimekko will be in the Accent on Design section at Booth #: 3711. You’ll be able to explore their booth for a range of products from home décor, textiles, and tableware, all available in their signature prints.
NY NOW® is open to members of the industry including retailers and buyers as well as members of the press. For more information and to register, please visit nynow.com.
Marimekko is a Finnish design company whose original prints and bold colors have brought joy to people’s everyday lives since 1951. As one of the world’s first lifestyle brands, their product portfolio includes high-quality clothing, accessories, home décor, tableware and gifts. Timelessness, quality and functionality have always been the cornerstones on which Marimekko’s recognizable design was built.
Founded by visionaire Armi Ratia, Marimekko’s unparalleled printed fabrics gave it a strong and unique identity. Even today, the brand uses its own printing factory in Helsinki, Finland where they screen-print over one million meters of fabric every year. The printing mill serves both as a factory and as an innovative hub for design and product development. Today, Marimekko continues to spread happiness and joy as their products are sold in 40 countries and 150 stores across the globe.
About NY NOW
The winter 2019 edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle, Handmade + Gift, will take place February 3-6, 2019 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections — HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE — that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. For the first time, NY NOW welcomes the co-locations of the winter market with the National Stationery Show® and SURTEX®, which will take place during the same time, all under one roof. Attendees from all 50 states and nearly 70 countries worldwide are expected.
NY NOW is owned by Emerald Expositions, a leading operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States. The company currently operates more than 55 trade shows, as well as numerous other face-to-face events. In 2017, Emerald’s events connected over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupied more than 6.9 million NSF of exhibition space.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
• The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,” “NYNow,” “New York Now,” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
• The NY NOW winter 2019 market will take place Sunday, February 3, 2019 through Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
• The National Stationery Show® will be co-located with the NY NOW winter market and will be located on Level 1 adjacent to the LIFESTYLE Collection.
• SURTEX® will be co-located with the NY NOW winter market and will be located on level 3 adjacent to the NY NOW HOME Colelction.
• For high-res images or the NY NOW logo for your coverage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.