NY NOW Winter 2019 Market Delivers an Industry Shifting Experience
The largest retail-facing exhibition reinvents the Retail Renaissance in New York City
New York, NY— February 21, 2019 — NY NOW® has concluded its Winter 2019 Market for HOME, LIFESTYLE + HANDMADE at the Jacob K. Javits Center in NYC. This year the market focused on embracing the retail renaissance, and the transformational shift in the industry that has re-emphasized the importance of an inspirational customer and in-store experience.
“This market saw the first major steps towards achieving the vision of making NY NOW the most important resource for independent retailers in North America. At this pivotal time of change in retail, our audience needs access to the innovative, unique and distinctive- not seen in any other market in the United States. Retailers also need the tools to totally leverage the power of inspirational experience in their stores.” Said Kevin O’Keefe EVP, Emerald Expositions.
“Retail Renaissance NY NOW Winter 2019 demonstrated to the industry what success looks like while presenting an array of new and unique products. The massive surge we experienced in attendance and positive feedback was exhilarating. The NY NOW Summer market in August will be spectacular- we hope to see you there!”
Leading fashion, design and lifestyle authorities such as Robin Baron, Iris Dankner, Rio Hamilton, Francis Toumbakaris, Robin Kramer, Vanessa Deleon, dynamic ASID designers and more, shared incredible insights and design expertise with attendees through multiple immersive Market experiences:
• Holiday House NYC @ NY NOW featured six design superstars who each created a “room” using the world’s leading brands. The Holiday House NYC also presented a realistic outdoor “terrace” with a wine bar.
• Transcend Talks featured on-floor presentations where the CEO’s of Lladro, Lissoni, Zanotta, top retailers and designers, social media gurus and industry analysts all came together in dynamic panels to discuss the future of retail and how to build inspirational experiences at the store level.
• The Transcend Experience designed spaces presented products from companies such as Roche Bobois, Lalique, Kartell, Lladro, Tom Dixon, Ercole, Atelier Swarovski, Zanotta, Missoni Home, Bungalow 5, Tommy Mitchell, Selamat, Mr. Brown London and many more.
• A curated co-located National Stationery Show showcased nearly 500 of the best designers and producers of letter press, distinctive greeting cards and unique invitations along with 50 Emerging Artists presenting totally new innovations in better stationery products.
“All of us at Beatriz Ball feel that the Winter 2019 show was one of the best in recent memory. You and your team are to be commended for making the show feel fresh and new. The “RETAIL RENAISSANCE” theme was most apt; it really seemed like a rebirth. Great job!” said David Rivé, General Manager Beatriz Ball. He continued, “Speaking of buyers, we were pleased with the quality and quantity of qualified buyers that visited our booth. We look forward to the August show. So, congratulations; wishing you continued success!”
“We had an extremely positive experience introducing our new ‘Long Live Life’ and new holiday collections at NY NOW, which were really well received. Exhibiting at NY NOW is a great way to bring the Marimekko showroom to a wider audience. The relevant buyers are all at NY NOW and we also met many new buyers who were very happy to find us at the market.” Said Anna Hakkarainen, Head of Wholesale, Marimekko
“I have been attending NY NOW for many years because most of our favorite brands are only at this market and not anywhere else. I saw more curated brands which is important for us to find new product and always stay ahead of the competition. We met a lot of new vendors and were able to see a lot of our repeat vendors that we can only find at NY NOW. Overall had a very successful show.” Said Janel Lovner, Senior Buyer – Anthem
“We always attend NY NOW to find unique gifts we can’t get anywhere else, as well as the incredible brands we love. We’ve been attending NY NOW for the past nine years and always receive incredible support from the show, making our shopping experience very easy which is good because we are very busy people!” Said Jennie Doran and Andrew Worm, Owners, Room Service
Furthermore, in the spirit of embracing innovation and the retail renaissance, NY NOW awarded the following distinctions as part of its Award-Winning Products distinction:
• “Best in Market” Award – Recognizes one standout product among ten separate section category winners of the “Best New Product” Awards. This winter the “Best in Market” Award was given to Blacksaw for their Harvest Moon Reversible Throw.
• “Best New Product” Awards – Recognizes products that stood out among hundreds of entries within each of the ten sections across the Market. This winter’s winners include Blacksaw, Koransha Co., Ltd., Kevin O’Brien Studio, Mbare Home + Gift, Danforth Pewter, Nanay, Love is Project, Hyascent, Compendium, and Sweet Wink. Click here to view full press release on Best New Product Awards.
• “Best Exclusive Launch” Award – Recognizes one standout product that made its official debut exclusively at the winter 2019 market and was selected as part of the destination:new product display. This winter, the Menswear Plaid Handwoven Throw from Textillery Weavers was honored with this award.
• Eco Choice Awards – Selected from the popular sustainability: design for a better world® display, these awards honored products with sustainable practices. This winter’s winners include Angelrox, Cielo Hammocks, and Mar Y Sol.
• Accent on Design® Awards – Recognizes design excellence, innovation and creativity among NY NOW’s Accent on Design® exhibitors, a juried collection of contemporary design brands. This winter’s winners include Clipen, Ameico, Aplat Inc., and Konzuk. Click here to view full press release
Mark your calendar for NY NOW’s Summer 2019 Market – August 11 – 14, 2019 – and be at the epicenter of retail renaissance, again.
About NY NOW
The winter 2019 edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle, Handmade + Gift, took place February 3-6, 2019 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections — HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE — that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. For the first time, NY NOW welcomes the co-locations of the winter market with the National Stationery Show® and SURTEX®, which took place during the same time, all under one roof and in the same location. The summer 2019 edition of NY NOW® with the co-location of The National Stationery Show and the JA New York show, will take place August 11-14, 2019 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
NY NOW is owned by Emerald Expositions, a leading operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States. Emerald currently operates more than 55 trade shows, as well as, numerous other face-to-face events. In 2018, Emerald’s events connected over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupied more than 7.0 million net square feet of exhibition space.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,” “NYNow,” “New York Now,” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
The NY NOW winter 2019 market took place Sunday, February 3, 2019 through Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
The NY NOW summer 2019 market will take place Sunday, August 11, 2019 through Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
For high-res images or the NY NOW logo for your coverage, please contact us at email@example.com.