NY NOW®’s Rising Artisans is the premier destination within the HANDMADE® Collection at NY NOW® presenting the newest sustainable designers and global artisans to market. Bringing together our signature incubator programs, into one destination for NY NOW buyers searching for the newest handmade designers and artisans to market.
Who is eligible for Rising Artisans?
- Designers and Artisans entering the wholesale marketplace for the first time.
- Products and collections are handmade and demonstrate a commitment to design innovation, cultural preservation, social impact and/or sustainability.
- For international companies, demonstrate experience supplying export markets.
Participation is limited to 2 shows.
Included with participation:
- A 5-foot x 10 foot “Palo Alto” booth package (hard walls, lighting, carpeting, chair, shelves, booth sign and table).
- Six-month subscription (July-December) to the NY NOW Digital Market.
- Advice on booth display, layout and fixtures, including recommendation of paint color and purchasing of paint and vinyl logo for your booth.
- On-site assistance to answer questions and provide visual merchandising support.
- Coaching to navigate the market and create a marketing plan for NY NOW.
What results can Rising Artisans participants expect?
- Feature on Rising Artisans promotion page on NY NOW’s website.
- Promotion on NY NOW’s social media.
- Rising Artisans location pinged on attendee floorplan/directory.
- Featured e-mail campaign to registered buyers.
- Emerging brand call-out in attendee handout.
- Automatic enrollment in Best Emerging brand award.
- Extended knowledge of the US market and opportunities for handmade products.
- A marketing plan for NY NOW that defines target customers, competitive product selection, practical marketing materials and realistic sales goals.
- Expanded customer list with an average of 35+ new contacts per show.
- New sales with new customers.
Leading the Rising Artisans program is Helen Joffe, helping you to navigate the market through pre-show, on-site and post-show coaching to ensure you have the tools to maximize your success at the show.