The signature wholesale market’s first in-person event since Winter 2020 featured strong attendance and order-writing from top brands and retailers, as well as displays of the most exciting new products across eleven categories.
White Plains, NY (August 12, 2021) – NY NOW®, today’s wholesale market for tomorrow’s retail world, where brands, buyers and designers gather to connect and discover a world of inspiration, successfully returned for its Summer 2021 edition, which reported attendance from top brands, retailers and specialty buyers from around the world for its in-person market. An additional 100 brands are also featured through NY NOW’s Digital Market, which is accessible 24/7 through the NY NOW website through the end of the year. With strong attendance, newly fostered and strengthened business-to-business connections and transactions, and engaging product displays, the four-day market was the first event to be hosted at the newly expanded Jacob K. Javits Center since its reopening.
“We were thrilled to welcome back our extensive community of brands, buyers and beyond in-person for this edition of NY NOW, which was one of our most successful to date. The level of excitement and joy seen each day reminded us of why it’s important to bring products, people and ideas from around the world together to connect, discover and be inspired,” said Tim Hart, SVP of NY NOW. “Thank you to everyone who attended our Summer 2021 market event, as well as the Jacob K. Javits Center for providing a safe and welcoming environment for our guests and staff. We look forward to seeing everyone again in Winter 2022.”
Highlights from the Summer 2021 edition of NY NOW included:
- The debut of NY NOW’s new visual identity, created in collaboration with globally renowned design studio Pentagram, which captures the energy, excitement and variety of the event while also signifying the evolution of the gift and home industry, and the resilience of small brands and businesses.
- A competitive awards program, adjudicated by an esteemed panel of industry leaders and pioneers, which celebrated brands who stood out for their unique design and dedication to creating products sustainably, as well as innovative emerging brands. Honorees included Kitty Kardboard for the Emerging Brand Award, Bklyn Bento for the Sustainable Design Award, and a slew of individual products across eleven categories for the Best Product Awards.
- The inauguration of an exhibitor mentoring program, which established hundreds of meaningful connections between new and emerging brands and respected retailers to provide input on product merchandising, marketing and more.
- Engaging new product displays, curated by NY NOW Creative Director Brad Ford, on view in the soaring, glass-enclosed Crystal Palace, which showcased the best products from the market’s eleven sections. Featured brands included Amara, Hold on to Your Plants, Matr Boomie, Mood Food and more.
- Five Emerging Destinations throughout the show floor, which spotlighted up-and-coming brands and artisans debuting to the wholesale market. Through this unique opportunity, NY NOW offered small businesses, such as Flora Obscura, JCR WORK, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Tahiana Creation and Zach & Zoe Sweet Bee Farm, a platform to market their products to leading buyers and retailers.
NY NOW’s first-ever Creative Director Brad Ford adds, “NY NOW is a landmark event for small brands and businesses, along with the retail industry at large. It was important to us that we create an experience that was enjoyable, inspiring and immersive, and we look forward to building upon the success of this show with future editions of NY NOW.”
“As a first time exhibitor at NY NOW, it was the perfect fit. It’s a beautifully curated show and our experience has been beyond anything I could have imagined. The buyers are here, and they’re excited and looking for new products. We’re writing orders, we’re making new contacts and it has been an incredible experience,” said Jennifer Braidwood of BRAID & WOOD, a San Diego-based design studio that creates modern and minimal plant hangers for indoor plant lovers.
“The new visualization of the show is spectacular. All the buyers I’ve spoken to have said this has been the best show of the past decade and exceeds the experience offered by other shows, and they have been writing orders non-stop from the moment they walked in. NY NOW is a must-visit event for any buyer,” said Tara Riceberg from Tesoro, a home design store that specializes in one-of-a-kind, handcrafted items, located in Los Angeles.
NY NOW Summer 2021 Digital Press Kit
NY NOW Media Contacts:
Beth Cowperthwaite | Beth.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Consultancy PR | NYNOW@theconsultancypr.com
About NY NOW:
Today’s wholesale market for tomorrow’s retail world. Rich with diverse products for discerning retailers, museum stores and specialty buyers. Where artisans meet designers, celebrate creativity and tell their stories. Where eclectic products shine, from home style to fashion statements, from amazing accessories to the perfect gift. Twice a year in New York City, America’s design capital. And nurturing community year-round through its Digital Market. NY NOW is the best platform to build brand exposure. To generate leads and write orders. To customize. Right now. www.nynow.com
Emerald is a leader in building dynamic, market-driven business-to-business platforms that integrate live events with a broad array of industry insights, digital tools, and data-focused solutions to create uniquely rich experiences. As true partners, we at Emerald strive to build our customers’ businesses by creating opportunities that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. With over 140 events each year, our teams are creators and connectors who are thoroughly immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. For more information, please visit www.emeraldx.com